Thursday, June 27, 2019

Pretty … pretty … princess… and being a man …


Ah how cute … isn’t she  … she is one of my granddaughters … and like me, she is a “princess”… When her and her sister were very small we would play “dress up” together and play their favorite game “Pretty, pretty princess”… the goal was to see how fast you could collect all the pieces to be “The princess who wins the game” … you had to collect a ring and wear it, a necklace and wear it and finally the crown (when you got that you won the game!) … Much to the delight of this little girl and her sister their father (my son-in-law) would play the game many times with them… and I would walk into the room and see my 6 foot tall son-in-law wearing a necklace, a ring and sometimes even a crown!  It made me laugh and think …wow this man is such a good father …

And I thought about what Jesus said about “Our Heavenly Father”… what good father (on earth) gives his child a rock, when he asked for bread… would a father give his child a snake, when he asked for a fish … if you on earth know how to be good fathers how much more does your heavenly Father know how to provide good things for you … I smiled and thought to myself,  I bet our Heavenly Father would even play pretty, pretty princess with a child in heaven … to make them giggle …

On another occasion my son-in-law and I were talking, about men who cheat on their wives … My son-in-law quickly corrected me and said this … “men do not cheat on their wives, boys do”… wow … I love that statement and what wisdom therein … so grow up all “you boys” who are married, be a man and play Pretty, pretty princess with your daughter!