Saturday, August 3, 2019

dumb ass Franciscan


I attend Mass in many different churches as a “roaming Catholic” … yesterday Friday August 2, 2019  I attended Mass an early Mass in Butler NJ in a Franciscan Church  … First Friday no matter whose feast day it might be they are subordinate to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on a first Friday to me …

So it was interesting  the church in Butler was celebrating the feast day of Our Lady of the Holy Angels (and doing so as a high Mass)  … now as much as I love the Virgin Mary she is still subordinate to her Son in truth and in my First Friday devotions to the Sacred Heart …

I learned this was a special day for the Franciscans because of this … August 2nd – Feast of Our Lady of the Angels (aka the Feast of the Portiuncula). The small chapel of St. Mary of the Angels (Our Lady of the Angels) was very dear to St. Francis of Assisi. He referred to it as the Portiucula (or the Little Portion) and it is considered the cradle of the Franciscan Order.

OK I get that … the dude is a Franciscan and he is proud of his roots …

What I did not get was the Franciscan’s homily … it actually made me what to slap him on top the head to get some truth into his brain …or maybe his heart (it amazes me how there are so many men labeled priests who do not believe in or teach the "true Presence" ... why are they priests? Maybe they should have went into social work or become a philosophy Professor..but if you do not believe or cannot teach the True Presence, they you do great harm  to the faithful and mission of the Church,  which is supernatural in its roots...a God/man who saves not your human effort ... if that were the case there would have been no need for Christ to appear in human history) 

 this Franciscan whose name I do not know (it was not the Pastor or the associate for I have seen them before … this Franciscan was a new face to me) …

The Franciscan priest said … the only time he felt really “in the presence of holy” was when he said a Mass at St. Frances digs “Portiucula”… OMG this priest said this right in front of the Tabernacle … Sweet Baby Jesus… this priest is standing in front of the Tabernacle telling everyone at Mass that the only place he found holy was at Portiucula    ... What the frock send that dude back to theology 101… the Eucharist (Jesus Christ’s True Presence) is the center of our faith and there is no one more “Holy” that HE …

Then to make it worse … this Franciscan priest asked during his homily … so where do you find your holy … in an arm chair , walking … Shoot me now!!! … You dumb ass Franciscan … you are about to consecrate the Host on the Altar and you are asking the people “where do you find holy in an arm chair”…!!!???

Now I am livid at this Franciscan priest and I am trying not to judge … so I watch him consecrate the Host and his lack of awareness and respect for what was occurring on the Altar (bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ)  … was so apparent that tears actually came to my eyes … and I was saying “sorry Jesus this man has no clue what just happened on the Altar and he is leading these people astray  by not telling them …

Holy is in the Tabernacle … 

Holy is on the Altar at the time of consecration,

Holy is in you when you receive the Eucharist …  WOW ... save us Lord from all 

priests such as this Franciscan and bring all souls back to the truth of your True Presence in the Eucharist ...