Monday, August 12, 2019

It is time to collect your nuts

Wow I just realized the title of this post can go several ways … well the nuts to which I am referring to now … are the type Squirrels are collecting this time of year …

I squirrel watch as they run around the yard collecting acorns and such to store for the winter months… it seems each squirrel has their own technique as to how to store their “nuts” …

I have to say some do not seem to be too bright … some will dig a hole in the ground and bury a nut there … now I know when the heavy snow hits that little dude is not going to be able to get to that nut !!!  …

 I want to scream out the window … DUDE poor choice of nut storing … make a nest off the ground and store it there... Or find a hallow tree and place those nuts inside it dude …

OK … now I think of Scripture and where and how to store your treasures … “your nuts of grace that is” …

 Now is the time for you to be storing up graces... grab a nut called “compassion”… pick up 
another one called “charity”… 

and wow the biggest nut of all… pick up Love … Love of God… Love of self and Love of neighbor … you can make it through the coldest/ snowiest winter if you do this