Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Faith and the presence of God in the "real" world






Pictured above with my daughter is a young Dolores Catania (one of the NJ housewives) … Dolores is holding a lighted candle in her hand… we were all attending a procession in Paterson, in honor of the Virgin Mary, when this photo was taken (by me, around 1992) …
Dolores was also present during the events of 1/8/92 and witnessed firsthand hundreds of people praying before the Tabernacle at Our Lady of Pompeii Church in Paterson and many claiming miracles … Dolores and her family have deep faith and I watched her grown up … get married.. Have children… I have seen her struggles in life and saw how her faith got her through them all … Her children are delights, the eldest in Veterinary school and the youngest in college…  I remember when Dolores brought them home from the hospital, after they were born … such cute kids!
Frankie the youngest when I would see him growing up, he would tell me he prayed the rosary … a practice he still does… I saw him this past Easter and he told me he will never forget “the miracle of the small statue in Our Lady of Pompeii” and with those words Frankie took his thumb and traced a Cross on my forehead and said “Thank you Mary Jo, you are a big part of my growing up” … sweet young man filled with grace …
Frankie is considered a “dream boat” a hottie by many girls and teens… he has made movies and commercials and has his photo on book jackets … but to me he will always be that little boy… Who loved to be with his “nanna”… who loved to pray the rosary, whose heart is very kind, like his mother’s heart …
People see the glamour the actor or actress has, but not the faith … many celebrities have deep faith … one that comes to mind as I type now is Bob Hope and his wife, great talent, great love of those in the military and great faith, they always contributed to religious causes … some in my own diocese …     

Frankie  

Frankie and his mom Dolores 


https://thekindledspiritofebooks.blogspot.com/