Friday, July 26, 2019

Anne Rice & If moonlight is really sunlight reflecting off of it... Why doesn’t it kill vampires?


 … my thoughts turn to vampires … but wait first my thoughts turn to Anne Rice …

Years ago she and I would email each other … very gracious lady to have done this with me … I was searching for “voice” in writing and her advice … just tell a story in a fashion that is you, she said … people will either find you fascinating or walk away … just keep writing don’t let opinion stop you …  

Anne Rice likes to write about Vampires … but there was a pause in her writing on this topic and she began to write about Angels (circa 2009, around the time I was emailing with her) …. Anne Rice returns to the mesmerizing storytelling that has captivated readers for more than three decades in a tale of unceasing suspense set in time past—a metaphysical thriller about angels and assassins.

I asked Anne in my email … your angel series “reads like Catholic Sci-fi”...And then I asked are you a Catholic and Anne said she was a Catholic for a long time and then left the Church for the amount of judging that went on and the corruption  …

So I asked Anne … why write in a “catholic metaphysical” style … and I was impressed that Anne Rice gave me a blunt answer … she said… She “tried” coming back to the Catholic Church but it only lasted for a short period of time for the Catholic Church disappointed her even more upon her return, for the level of judgment they placed on gay people and divorced people… and everyone else who did not follow their rules  … 

So I asked her “do you believe in God”… Anne said yes but he is so much bigger than what the church tells us He is and so much more loving and forgiving …  

WOW!!! I am loving Anne Rice’s philosophy …

It was a personal honor to have been able to email her and have her respond to me … she is a giant in a genre ….  Anne Rice being an American author of Gothic fiction, Christian literature, and erotic literature. She is perhaps best known for her series of novels, The Vampire Chronicles

Anne Rice on some level reminds me of Jesus … for she took the time to reach down from her lofty  literary throne to speak to me (a no name trying to write) and give me advise … she may have left the Church but the presence of God never left her … what a kind and gentle lady …   

So although it is not “my thing” one Halloween I decide to wrote a story about a Vampire … and this little eBook will always  remind me of the kindness Anne Rice showed to me ..

And I included "bite me" on the book jacket as a reference to the Church judging others while they live in sin themselves ...