Friday, July 12, 2019

Sweet Baby Jesus I hope you have a good weekend …


 The title of this posting may sound like I speak of the infant Jesus … well no … not this time … I speak of beer … yes I am like Brett Kavanaugh .........


 when brett kavanaugh said,  “he likes beer”… me too … nothing like a cold bottle of beer on a hot day, after you have been working in the yard …

 I have a friend Dean… we always discuss beer … micro-brews to IPA’s … depending on the brand,  I can go for either style and I can be fussy about breweries, such as with an IPA … I like the Sweet Water Brewery in Georgia … tasty … micro-brews I am all over the place there are so many on the market and new ones pop up all the time … “Sweet Baby Jesus” is the name of one such micro-brew …
But I have to bring the “real Jesus into this posting … hey it is my style” …

 Jesus was known to drink wine with his apostles … but did you know,  he probably drank more or the same amount of beer with his apostles …     During the time of Jesus' life beer was common throughout the Middle East. We know that alcohol was much safer to drink then water in the time of Jesus and that Jesus did drink wine. So I am sure Jesus did  brewski with his peeps …So when I am outside and have a cold bottle of beer in my hand,  I always lift it up to heaven and say this … “Here’s to you Jesus, hopefully we can have a cold one together in heaven one day” …