Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Christmas in July

It is the thing to do ... push Christmas in July ... sell online have "July Back Fridays" sales in July instead of the Friday after Thanksgiving .. the home shopping channels also are running their Christmas specials ... get as much money as you can out of the consumers ... make Christmas a 7 month buying spree!!!! 

Well I decided to tell a "Christmas story" in July ....


“Caribbean Christmas”
(December 25, 2009)


I do love music all music… one of my favorite Christmas CD’s is titled…”Caribbean Christmas”… yes the sounds of steel drums, playing traditional songs of the Season in a less then traditional way, I think is cool, reminding me of the time I spend in Jamaica… with the people of God who wear dread locks and dance around to the sound of steel drums…  I flip on this CD and dance around myself… very up lifting, joyful music, I play it many times prior to a radio broadcast to get my “spirits up” to meet God’s people via the air waves with the personal presence of joy within.

Although I did not spend Christmas in the Caribbean but in VA, I was “blessed with its presence”…  I call it a blessing yet when written about I am sure there will be many that will say, okay this seals it this woman is not and was never “touched by God”.

Christmas with my daughter and her family…. a delightful son-in-law and two granddaughters… I was treated to the “pink treatment” (my granddaughters call me grandma Pink) … I was treated to girlie things, such as high tea @ a fancy Hotel in DC and a walk through the Botanical Gardens. My daughter suggesting we go to Midnight Mass as we did when she was small and as I raised her as a single parent. Going on to say, mom I will take you for a drink prior to Mass @ a place in Georgetown and then we will go over to Holy Trinity in Georgetown… (The church she was married in)…

Since we only were there for a drink prior to Mass we sat at the bar… talking for sometime about what was going on in my daughter’s life and our past family history… As I talk to all people and jump right into conversation with anyone and everyone… I found myself starting to talk to those around us… soon… my “drink” before me was starting to be refilled by a bar tender who said, my daughter and I were being taken care of… To add to this a few men came up to us and started to engage in conversation…

To make a very long story as short as I can, it ended up where I received the names, addresses, phone numbers and email of a couple of men @ the bar… One who had his own radio show, which I might consider being a guest on…


The man was Black and his radio show was for the Caribbean Islands… Which of course made me think of the Christmas CD I play and the radio show I do… and I thought nice sense of humor you have Jesus, this Black man and the two White men, reminding me of the Three Kings. … It seems I think God and the Lord in all situations for I was amused by all of this… 

Upon leaving the bar and walking in Georgetown to the church, my daughter said, mom Demi Moore has nothing on you, you just got picked up by three really good looking guys in their late 20’s… she went on to say, so you going to share this one mom, with "your confessor"… I told her no, I think I will just write about it and whoever reads it, reads it … I do not know what God has in store for me but if he should have something unusual planned,  I want people to know he was working with “everyone here on earth” as to give others hope to others.  And that is what Christmas is all about God’s coming to us all, bar none… and with me on this Christmas Eve that was figuratively and literally a “bar” none…

Mass was beautiful but I did miss OLM and the little Chapel in the woods…
Oh I did sing more at that Mass ... the booze helped me carry a tune, but I was a bit sleepy ...

 To end the evening on a note of “Mary Jo” remember your Savior and do not stray to far…

 my daughter asked me the following… “Mom did I ever show you the stairs where the final scene of the Exorcist was filmed”… I had not… so I was “treated to this scene”… as I have seen the movie,  I remembered the priest being killed in the end by the demon and I remembered the staircase, now I was looking at it in person … So yes, I will go now and try to sin no more…

 But I will not count on being that lofty and I will go to confession… once again, probably 70 times 70 times again or more. ... And I member on this Christmas Eve as I stare at the stairs where the fictional priest in the movie the Exorcist met his demise...

And this is why Jesus Christ was born to take on those demons and he won! We are saved !!! .Merry Christmas in July and to all and to all a good "life" ...