Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Laundry today or naked tomorrow and my name is Mudd


Years ago priests wanted to have a photo taken with me... Now … not so much... They usually run out the back door if they see me, just to avoid me …

But back to my dirty laundry … as you know I am “challenged” in many ways … I will add another challenge, I am “washing machine challenged” … hence many times I will need to go to a local laundromat … such was the case this past Tuesday … Once the washer was loaded I sat on the windowsill in the laundromat, opened my iPhone and started to play “candy crush”… The laundromat was empty just me and the sound of my laundry entering the spin cycle … Then a man entered and walked over to me and asked “is the owner here”… why no sir was my answer no one here but me and my dirty clothes … he smiled … and I took notice of his t-shirt (it was funny) and I said … Cool t-shirt dude! … He looked at my t-shirt and said, “Back at you, your t-shirt is funny as well”… 

I love random, funny t-shirts I have many of them …So I asked this guy … hey dude where did you get your t-shirt from … he said … let me think …it might take a minute, he said he has  CRS … I laughed for I know what CRS means (can’t remember shit) so I said … yeah man, I know I suffer from “some-timers”… some times I remember … sometimes I don’t… he laughed… Then he said … He brought his t-shirt at Walmart … I said … I buy my t-shirts on Amazon … 

Now this dude is funny to me and interesting so I asked,  “why do you want to see the owner of the laundromat”… he said … well I hear she is from Brazil and I worked in Brazil many years ago and I wanted to trade stories with her … Cool was my answer, yes Sandy is the owner and she is from Brazil a really nice lady … so what did you do in Brazil … why were you there and what kind of job did you have there … were my questions to this man …    

The “dude” answered my question … I am a priest and my parish was in Brazil … I looked at him and the way he was dressed and said this … “you are bull shitting me!” … he answered,  “no sugar, I am”   … now I am thinking this is “Jesus humor”… this guy randomly comes into the laundromat I am in … wearing a funny t-shirt … talks smack to me, and tells me he is a priest …  hmmm … let me test him … do you believe in the True Presence … he answers why of course I do it is fundamental to our faith  … then I throw out a few other theology questions and asked him how he ran his parish in Brazil and back and forth we went … he would laugh at some of my questions and then I would laugh at some of his answers … it was a debate about theology and God like I never had before and in a laundromat no less!  Hmmm … and I think “and your garments are washed clean in the blood of the lamb”… that is truth … but who knew Jesus even appears at the local laundromat … Go Jesus … and thank you for clean cloths and cleaning my soul …  

Oh you may ask why the Post title “my name is Mudd” … my new friend’s name is Fr. Mudd … how appropriate for his name will truly be mud now that he spoke to me … Fr. Mudd gave me his email address so we can continue our discussion on God …  

 
My new "bud" Fr. Mudd 
I actually find Fr. Mudd refreshing he does not hide behind
Pretentiousness as many priests do ... good for him ... and may God Bless him! ... I will always pray for him ... and I ask you do as well 😊