Sunday, July 21, 2019

Come play with me ...


My grandsons have a playroom filled with toys; FAO Schwartz has nothing on them… 

I sometimes call the 3 year old “Richie Rich” for all the toys he has. This playroom is located on the lower level of the house and it is only used as a playroom.

 The main living area is on the two upper levels of the home… When I am there my three yr old grandson will always ask me to “come down with him” which, in 3 yr old speak,  means go into the playroom with him and play with him…

 I admit there are times that I would prefer to sit in the kitchen and have a cup of coffee instead of being surrounded by cars, robots, trucks, video gear and etc… so I will say to my grandson, “you have so many things to play with in your playroom just go down there an play with something”….

 My grandson will say to me, “no, I need you to play with me”… So I will take my cup of coffee and sit on the floor, with him in the playroom and I become a character in the scenario he is currently playing out… This means I can become anything from a race car driver to a super hero…

Yes, my grandson is happiest not with all his toys but with the person who enters into his world and “plays with him”…

Of course since I am always thinking of Jesus, as I thought of my grandson and his need to have someone in “his world”… 

I thought this is what Jesus was trying to convey to me with his asking me to “sit with him”… He was inviting me into his playroom for lack of better words, “his world” for although he be the Creator and Master of all, he still seeks for someone to just “be with him” for he too is like “Richie Rich” but on a cosmic scale and although he is surrounded by the magnitude of his own creation, without someone to share it with it is empty…

 And then I thought how human is that and of course he would think that way as being fully human as well as being God… Things are just things without someone to share it with no matter how many things you have or the “greatness of them”, they are without meaning unless they be shared…

So as I sit in the playroom located in my grandsons home, I also look for the time I “play with Jesus” in whatever scenario he calls me to be in with him… for as he thinks so do I, nothing is worth more then just the time spent with Him no matter the “toy” in life or even the Cosmos, nothing compares to just being with Jesus…