Tuesday, July 30, 2019

White man’s God

This story is from 2009, while traveling on Amtrak ...

I spoke to my spiritual director  about this in the past that Jesus appeared to me as a “Black Man” and other races and he spoke to me about how some people think he is a white man’s God or a Black man’s God… when he is a God of all a one true God.

Returning home from VA a Black woman sat next to me on the train her name is Pat Hill, she is a Black woman and through her I learned truly what Jesus was telling me about being a God for all. 

Pat’s story of faith as a Black woman in the Catholic Church that called her the “colored girl”… 

When Pat was young she said she can still remember how she being the only Black kid in a white Catholic school and the nun called her the “colored girl”… 

Pat said as a kid that so upset her she thought God thought of her only as the “colored kid”… because this nun called her that and to her the nun was like God… 

The church needs to realize that there is real pain in the world that was placed upon people by the church or representatives of the church such as this nun, this is but one story of many that I have heard of people away from the church now because of these experiences…

 So Pat and I spoke for about an hour or more and I took her phone number and asked her to come on a radio show with me someday to talk about her hurts and how she raised 5 kids alone in the ghetto, 5 amazing kids, (lawyer, secret service agent, diplomat, teacher and business owner)…. 

And we will talk about coming back to the church, that even though it messed up in the past it is still the place of hope and faith….

I never did speak to Pat Hill after this encounter, I accidental lost her contact info  .. but a woman of God she is ... graced and blessed ... what an honor and grace it was for me to have met her and talked with her on the train... 

I do not believe God is of color but love ... but I have to say ... I secretly would like Jesus to appear as a Black man to all of those who have hate for other races in their hearts ... and say "Hi my name is Jesus Christ, I am the one who saved your sorry ass"...