Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Dr. Doolittle and St. Frances


Legend has it St. Frances was an “animal whisper”… I am not impressed with this as being a “supernatural sign” on any human being... There are many human beings who have such attributes, love of animals and the animals sense it … what was impressive with St. Frances was his depth of joy and love … and a blatant disregard for earthy things and personal comfort … now that is impressive …

My neighbors call me “Snow White” for my uncanny ability to call “creatures out of the woods, I call turkeys and they come, foxes, (the foxes will lay down by me like dogs, super cute!)  raccoons, squirrels, deer, groundhogs, chipmunks, ducks, butterflies, hummingbirds … it goes on and on and makes my neighbors laugh, because I have names for all these creatures and they will response to their name and come to me … again I do not find this to be a supernatural trait… I just like animals and nature and feel the joy of it all around me … My neighbors think I should mount a wildlife / game camera and film these creatures … my son-in-law said I should do a “nature tour of the grounds” .. I will do neither, the animals and I are just “best buds” …        

What I do find unusually is the phenomena of the peacocks … over the last 30 years “peacocks will come to my house”… now I have moved many, many times over the years … yet at nearly every house I lived in “peacocks would visit me” … peacocks are not native to this area … yet when I lived in Wayne they came, when I lived in Kinnelon they came and when I lived in Wanaque they came … even when I would take my grandchildren to a petting zoo … the peacocks always came to me …

Peacocks in the Eastern rite church are a sign of the Risen Lord, peacocks in the Middle East culture are a sign of royalty, many middle eastern royal families keep peacocks on their grounds as a sign of  royalty     it is most unusual that these peacocks usually come to me during the “Easter season” … some on Easter morning!!!… And several times these peacocks have tried to get into my house … one even tried to get into a window and another knocked on my back door with its beak!  The peacocks might be a supernatural grace …??? They certainly are unusual and beautiful as well …


 
I can get very close to these random peacocks to take their photos


Easter 2019 Peacock trying to get inside window
 Easter week 2009 check out this guy's tail it was huge!

Peacock Easter morning 2012 lake house
I gave this guy bread

The Peacocks started to first come to where I lived in 1989... not ever year ... but many times... My youngest daughter would say "hey mom what is up with you and the peacocks"... my answer I have no clue! The peacocks stay for awhile, some days, some weeks  ... then they are just gone ...hmm



What I found really odd … this Easter (2019) … I went to the Easter vigil (Saturday evening Mass) … that evening during the night I woke up to get a drink of water… for some reason I decided to look out my bedroom window and there I saw perched in the tree, right next to the bedroom window a peacock asleep on a tree branch… I have never seen that before … ever … it looked so small and frail and almost helpless … just sleeping there with its head tucked into itself … and I thought … wow that is interesting and I went back to bed … only to wake up about 2 hours later … still very early in the morning so I went to the window… I saw the peacock was starting to wake up… so I went outside to see the peacock in the tree and I watched it wake up and it progressively became “stronger and bigger looking” and it seemed to take on an air of majesty … The peacock turned its head towards me and flew off the branch onto the ground near me and it looked so grand as if it was made “anew” …  

Instantly I thought of this … OMG … this  peacock is acting out the Easter morning story for me …  like Jesus when he was laying in the Tomb (Saturday evening) his body looked so frail, small and helpless … then he “woke up” resurrected … became anew … bigger and grand!  Maybe peacocks really are symbols of the resurrection !!!  


peacock asleep in tree (bedroom window screen seen in this photo) this is how close the peacock was to my bedroom




outdoors photo of peacock starting to wake up ... peacock got bigger and bigger looking as it woke up